Being a good corporate citizen is a driving force for Conversation Co. Be anything but an a#%!h&le.
This shapes the projects and clients we work with, the people we employ and of course the way we run our organisation.
Six months ago, we started the accreditation process through B Corp. This pre-screening process asks you about everything from, who you bank with and the superannuation provider you promote, through to understanding the impact your work has on your society and those most marginalised.
We scored 84, a touch above the minimum score to proceed to the next stage. While we wait for the next step, we can make changes based on the pre-screening process alone (free up until this point).
We scored well on:
- We seek feedback from clients
- We facilitate debriefs
- We can demonstrate how feedback improves our operation
- The type of clients we also worked with and their impact also look on favourably
- We have an employee health and wellbeing program in place
- We offer flexibility in work hours
- We measure employment satisfaction and make changes.
We’re making improvements on:
- Understanding the impact of our work (who we reached, impact of decision) beyond participation
- Adopting a constitution
- Understanding the impact of operation of the environment – waste volumes, emissions from home offices/main office, water and resource use
For the average person it’s also a great way of finding accredited suppliers, we’ve used it to find office furniture and building supplies/products, you’ll find all sorts of good eggs online. As well as promoting those accredited, it shows their assessment scores.
Find out more about the assessment:
Find out more about accredited organisations: